Luminous
A Catholic Woman and Her Thoughts on Life, the Universe, and Everything
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Drifting thoughts...
Over the past year I've come to see that there is no security in this world. That the image of the feather floating on the wind is as much an image of following the Holy Spirit as it is an image of fluttering aimlessly wherever the wind takes me, helplessly driven along. I have no control. But if the wind if the Breath of God, then I need no control, I am driven, yet held up, at the same time. I need to trust that even in the depths of what seems to be a storm, God is there. How can He not be?
 
I look out, and the day goes on whether I am in or out, busy or keeping quiet. God is like that. He is with me, whether I keep that awareness close to me or not; He is here, waiting for me to turn towards him.
 
In the favorite prayer of my childhood, we ask God to turn towards us and smile upon us. I think rather He waits for us to remember to look up, and turn towards Him, and remember He is with us always.
 
 
 
Taika, Shalom, Pace, Pax, Peace,
 
 
Your strength is not in numbers, nor does Your power depend upon stalwart men; but You are the God of the lowly, the helper of the oppressed, the supporter of the weak, the protector of the forsaken, the savior of those without hope. -- Judith 9:11