Luminous
A Catholic Woman and Her Thoughts on Life, the Universe, and Everything
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Beatification Process for Sister Lucia, Seer of Fatima, Begins
START OF BEATIFICATION PROCESS FOR SISTER LUCIA
 
VATICAN CITY, 14 FEB 2008 (VIS) - The Holy See Press Office released the following communiqué yesterday evening:
 
  "This evening in the cathedral of Coimbra, Portugal, Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins C.M.F., president of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, presided at a Mass marking the third anniversary of the death of Sister Lucia dos Santos.
 
Following the ceremony he announced that the Holy Father Benedict XVI, benevolently accepting a request presented by Bishop Albino Mamede Cleto of Coimbra and shared by many bishops and faithful throughout the world, has waived the five-year waiting period established by canonical norms (art. 9 of "Normae servandae") and granted that, just three years after the death of Sister Lucia (known to the world as one of the three seers of Fatima), the diocesan stage of the cause for her beatification may begin".
 
=======================
 
Pray the Rosary daily - as the Holy Virgin asked the three seers of Fatima!
 
Let us pray these prayers of Fatima!
 
"O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of sinners." 
 
"My God, I believe, I adore, I trust, and I love Thee! I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust, and do not love Thee."
 
"Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy"
 
Amen